This list of resources is for graduate students and faculty who teach Environmental Science classes and labs. It is part of a larger project, funded by the Teaching + Technology Support Partners and Learning Design and Technology Departments, to use technology to support learning goals.
ITS (Information Technology Services)
SIS (Student Information System)
UVACollab is the centrally-supported online collaboration and learning environment (CLE) at the University of Virginia.
Panopto is an easy-to-use video platform for training, teaching, and presenting.
WordPress is a blogging system that can be used to build easy-to-update websites.
Teaching and technology groups on grounds
- Learning Design & Technology (Technology (Curriculum design with use of technology to enhance learning)
- Center for Teaching Excellence (Resources, consultations, workshops, programs)
- SHANTI (Sciences, Humanities & Arts Network of Technological Initiatives)
- Digital Media Lab (Equipment and software access)
- StatLab (Statistical and coding assistance)
- Research Data Services
- UVa Software Gateway
- ASCIT (Arts & Sciences Center for Instructional Technology)
- UVACSE (UVa Advanced Computing Services and Engagement)
- Scholars’ Lab (GIS, RS, makerspace):
Be sure to contact your Teaching & Technology Support Partner for more resources and assistance!